Thursday, March 10, 2011

in the beginning


Welcome to THE DESIGN CHASE.

This blog will chronicle my chase for the perfect interior design for our home. I am passionate about interior design. Once I get my money's worth from my expensive law education, I'll pursue a career as a certified interior designer. In the meantime, I'll focus my design talents on my home.

We're relocating to the Bay Area and have decided to sell EVERYTHING at our moving sale. Well, almost everything. We're keeping the bedroom furniture, as it is classic and at the very least... STUNNING!!!

We want to start designing our home from scratch. Of course, we have the basic essentials already (bedroom furniture and lamps and art work) to inspire our designs. We know... well, I know we'll have a dining room designed around a large peacock portrait. The living room and kitchen designs are inspired by our love for various islands, right now the Bahamas being our favorite as we're heading there in September on the Disney Dream.

The master bedroom will also be designed with a island/beach theme in mind. The children's rooms are being left to their creative minds. My children's names are Syd, JT and Sab (nicknames of course).

Syd's the preteen girl and my beautiful mommy's helper. JT is the rough and tough first grader. Sab, my baby girl. The princess of all princesses, who acts like a queen and my little diva-in-training.

I've allowed each of them to design their own rooms. Later posts will reveal their designs and the process to turn them into reality.

The bathroom designs are a work in progress. The above photo of the white leather sofa set is a hint of our design style.

I hope you continue to follow our chase for the perfect design.
The Design Chase Team



No comments:

Post a Comment